Yorkshire terriers need immunity, which will allow them to resist the intrigues of nature and not only:
- a vitamin complex for a Yorkshire terrier must necessarily include ascorbic acid (vitamin C), which enhances phagocytosis and contributes to the resistance of the body to adverse external influences.
- Vitamin E is the best component of the immune system. It is contained in sea buckthorn and sunflower oil, oily fish.
Healthy Yorkie Coat
The dullness of the wool indicates a metabolic disorder, wormy infestation, the beginning of viral diseases, lack of some vitamins for the Yorkshire terrier. It should be remembered that the key to a good coat condition is the health of the skin, as it is the dermis that provides the growth of the coat.
Vitamins for dog skin
- Retinol (vitamin A), for example, is essential for normalizing coat and skin health.
In what kind of food we can find Vitamin A?
- fish oil, butter,
- fish and animal liver,
- vegetable products
- Vitamins for the Yorkshire Terrier must necessarily contain B vitamins, which are essential to support the endocrine system.
- Biotin (vitamin H) is very useful for the wool of Yorkshire terriers, which activates many enzymatic reactions and is involved in the synthesis of fatty acids. Its deficiency is manifested in the appearance of itching, dandruff, sebaceous gland inflammation, dry wool. Specific effects on the wool and skin of the Yorkshire Terrier have trace elements and mineral salts.
- Buying vitamins for the Yorkshire Terrier, pay attention to the content of saturated fatty acids Omega-6 and Omega-3, which have a beneficial effect on the coat and skin of the pet.
- Calcium is very important for puppy growth. You need it to form bones and teeth.
- Calciferol (vitamin D) is needed to absorb it. It is very important that vitamins for the Yorkshire Terrier contain calciferol. A specific vice of Yorkshire terriers is the weakness of their joints, which is manifested in Perthes disease (deforming osteochondrosis) and dislocation of the patella.
- For the prevention of young pets and growing puppies to strengthen ligaments and joints, as well as the full development of the skeleton veterinarians recommend using Yorkshire terriers vitamins with the addition of glucosamine.
Omega 3 for dogs
Omega 3 for dogs occupies a special place among biologically active additives. Polyunsaturated fatty acids are present in fish oil, having a positive effect on the skin. Thanks to the intake of fatty acids in the body, the risk of inflammation, allergic reactions, fungal skin lesions are reduced. Complexes with Omega-3 improve the quality of wool and skin.
Instructions before using Omega 3
Whether a dog can have fish oil should be determined by a veterinarian after a preliminary examination and consultation. Professional dog breeders strongly discourage self-treatment and the introduction of this product into your dog’s diet without prior consultation. Dosing disorders can have a negative effect on the whole dog body.
Fish oil is prescribed for dogs in the following situations:
- Prevention and treatment of heart and vascular diseases (atherosclerosis, thrombosis);
- The initial stages of rickets;
- Pathologies of the digestive tract;
- Reduction of the body’s defenses.
This product is recommended for dogs suffering from chronic inflammatory processes, allergic reactions, and eye problems. Buy Omega-3 for dogs can be in specialized stores that offer products for animals. The instructions for use indicate two options for admission.
- In the first case, fish oil give pets 2-3 times a week, mixing with a morning meal.
- In the second variant, the supplement you can give daily during the week. Then it is necessary to take a break in a week and repeat the course first.
Components and benefits of Omega 3 for Yorkies
Direct indications for the use of vitamins with Omega-3 for dogs are the prevention and treatment of a large number of pathologies. There are about 20 substances in fish oil, which have a pronounced positive effect on the work of the whole body:
- strengthen bone and muscle structures,
- blood vessels,
- the immune system of the central nervous system.
Side effects of Omega 3
An Omega-3 fatty acid overdose for dogs can cause digestive disorders, hypervitaminosis, osteoporosis, diabetes and blood clotting factors. In rare cases, liver inflammation may develop.
If there are problems with stools and pathologies of the hepatobiliary system (liver and bile ducts), it is prohibited to take fish oil.
Fish oil in capsules or in liquid form?
You can Fish oil in liquid form and as capsules. The liquid form is cheaper but is stored much less than in the capsules. Fish oil in dog capsules is the same composition as in liquid form.
The quality of the Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids in the capsules depends on several important criteria:
- Northern fish varieties that contain more nutrients in their fat;
- salmon oil facilitates the absorption of the substance
Delicious slices of natural flavors will make it easy to supply your pet with fish oil.
How much omega 3 for dogs?
- The first techniques are only 2-3 drops per day, which will make it possible to make sure that no reaction to the components of fish oil.
- Up to six months of age, the dosage is 0.5-1 teaspoon, ie 2-3 ml or 1-1.5 capsules per day.
For an adult
- Preventive dose – 250 mg for every 20 kg of weight of a pet. An adult dog can already take 1.5-2 teaspoons or 2 capsules for 3-4 weeks.
- In one year you can take 2-3 courses. Our recommendation to give fish oil to adult dogs in the autumn-winter period to strengthen the body.
- The body is a complex and unique mechanism. All tissues and organs throughout the physiological period do not stop to perform active actions, so, the replenishment of the stock of nutrients should take place constantly.